JBI Adelaide GRADE Centre staff are expert methodologists who are experienced in GRADE methods for developing trustworthy clinical practice guidelines.
Our Centre staff have undertaken guideline development projects with international and national bodies to facilitate and support them to use the GRADE approach. Our work with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) was a highlight for our Centre, as we co-chaired the guideline panel and worked through the entire systematic review and evidence to decision framework with the group. Read news story
In 2019, the GRADE Centre began working with the Vector Control Unit from the Global Malaria Programme in the World Health Organization. Dr Tim Barker led a team with proved the effectiveness of a combination of insecticides when used to treat malaria-preventing mosquito nets. These findings were presented to the WHO, who published two new recommendations for these new nets. The news story can be read here: Australian Research Prompts Updated Malaria Net Advice and the recommendations can be seen here: WHO Publishes recommendations on Two New types of Insecticide Treated Nets.
We provide assistance, mentorship and training in using GRADE methods. Email us at the JBI Adelaide GRADE Centre for options on working together.
Our services include:
- Systematic reviews for your organisation to inform the development of your guidelines
- Developing technical reports and systematic literature reviews
- Co-chairing guideline panels
- Facilitation of guideline panel meetings
- Methodologist support and advice at any step of guideline or systematic review development
- Developing evidence to decision frameworks to support trustworthy recommendations.